Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Sitting here...

All alone. Well not really alone. I have two sleeping boys in the other rooms. Hubby is gone to pray the taraweeh prayer. So here I am by myself and it feels a bit strange. I am so used to being needed for something. Even if it's just sitting for tea with my husband. Don't get me wrong, I love that but I must admit, this...this is kind of nice. 

I hardly get just "me time." I mean, I have times of being alone but I'm usually doing something for our family or our home. I know this probably sounds silly, but I almost don't know what to do with myself now. No that's not true...I know what I should be doing. Preparing for sahoor tomorrow, getting myself clothes to wear to work tomorrow, reading Qu'ran (especially since it's Ramadan now) and something I desperately need, SLEEP (my six month old still sleeps like a newborn at times)! Despite knowing what I should be doing, I am doing what feels right and that's just writing and listening to the quiet of the house. It's peaceful.

Me time. Who would have thought it'd be so nice? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment